• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How does one "prove" themselves online?

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Alright, I just recently started playing online, and would like to get better.

I would like to be considered for the online crew battles, etc. eventually.

If I have to play certain people, etc. then I will do so.

Also, I'm only average...>_>

So anybody want to play . . .:dizzy:

DreDay

Smash Journeyman
Just play online regularly and get better. Combos make you look flashy and are good so you might wanna practice those.

Dont be an A-hole , you'll get attention but not the kind one you want.Let your play do the talking.

Participate in the ladder if you think your ready.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
I do combos, I'm not an ***, and where be this ladder?

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
I like new players that don't brag or complain. As long as the person understands that hey, they aren't the best in the world, and doesn't ***** about everything that goes on without any reason. Asking questions and complaining though are two different things.

If you really want to make an impression with people, start playing the top 10 or so on the ladder that dre gave you, those are the people that've been around a long time and are the best. Ask them for tips or advice if you lose to them, if they're willing to give it.

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
emularena UNIT X server is were most smashers play.

to get big online hmm.... I dunno, I got kind of known by just playing a lot, then I met boomfan... and then he made a clan tag, so I joined, PpS is the tag. My name kinda skyrocketed after that, so many were like "oh **** he's in PpS we're gonna get owned".

*shrug* I dunno, I guess kind of what like Dre said. Just play people and maybe pull some cool combos, also don't try to be fast... just play smart.

Frey

Smash Journeyman
emularena UNIT X server is were most smashers play.

to get big online hmm.... I dunno, I got kind of known by just playing a lot, then I met boomfan... and then he made a clan tag, so I joined, PpS is the tag. My name kinda skyrocketed after that, so many were like "oh **** he's in PpS we're gonna get owned".

*shrug* I dunno, I guess kind of what like Dre said. Just play people and maybe pull some cool combos, also don't try to be fast... just play smart.
QFT, if you can outsmart an opponent you dont need as much speed, but it does help. I have to agree with what they said, im fairly new here and because of the top tiered users giving me tips, im alot better than i used to be.

Nephiros

Smash Ace
Well if you can outsmart and outspeed then, they're in for it. That's what I try to do anyways and it served me quite well so far.

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
I like new players that don't brag or complain. As long as the person understands that hey, they aren't the best in the world, and doesn't ***** about everything that goes on without any reason. Asking questions and complaining though are two different things.

If you really want to make an impression with people, start playing the top 10 or so on the ladder that dre gave you, those are the people that've been around a long time and are the best. Ask them for tips or advice if you lose to them, if they're willing to give it.
i remember when i was like that. i made so many friends...until they BRTRAYED ME! so i searched for a clan...and found iXi as a good enough clan. revenge is so (not sweet) cool.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace

When i asked superboomfan to give em some tips, he only sayed, " you are very predictable" as far as can i remember...

anyways i'm also looking for prove thhemselves online... people of EEUU, come to reps PLEASE, i want to fight good people or people who wants to train with me please >_<

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
when he told you this, did you change up your play style? Like what direction you teched, which direction you DI, whether you tech at all, how you come up from the edge, which way you roll. Try to look for some (or maybe all of those things) that you did more then twice, and then whichever ones you did more then two times in a row you should mix it up a little bit. Usually by the third time a good player can have a read on what you're going to do, and will expect that since you've done it twice, you're going to do it again, and keep doing it.

I'll train you 2 hours for $10 and record all of our matches so you can watch them and learn from them, as long as your ping is under 110 and you have an n64 controller. Iam_M3tr01D@hotmail.com is my msn if you are interested.

Frey

Smash Journeyman
when he told you this, did you change up your play style? Like what direction you teched, which direction you DI, whether you tech at all, how you come up from the edge, which way you roll. Try to look for some (or maybe all of those things) that you did more then twice, and then whichever ones you did more then two times in a row you should mix it up a little bit. Usually by the third time a good player can have a read on what you're going to do, and will expect that since you've done it twice, you're going to do it again, and keep doing it.

I'll train you 2 hours for $10 and record all of our matches so you can watch them and learn from them, as long as your ping is under 110 and you have an n64 controller. Iam_M3tr01D@hotmail.com is my msn if you are interested.
no offence metroid but the only person people would pay for lessons is isai, but hes gone for now, so charging someone for lessons on a game and for videos of your lessons are kinda pointless when you can watch videos on combos and ask others for tips and play them for "free".

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace

Yeah i change a bit, but is dificult, because in europe, almost everyone have the same level. And the ones with good level go to emularena >.< Anyways, i'm not good avoiding grabs... any tips ? People who uses grab in europe grab me when i miss attack X_X (rolling for example)

I ahvent got n64 controller, but i have GC controller... but i'm wating to the shop to send me the USB that connects the GC controller to the PC.

I have not got enough money ...

I have 156 ping

Sorry

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
I help to rise your mindgames for BEEF! and you can use the keyboard, any ordinary controller or even a DDR pad, also no ping restrictions as long the game is playable xP. j/k

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
I help to rise your mindgames for BEEF! and you can use the keyboard, any ordinary controller or even a DDR pad, also no ping restrictions as long the game is playable xP. j/k
Beef yummi...

eh

I HAVE SEEN YOU IN YOUTUBE, your vid about the Tales of symphonia tech glitch was great, thanks ^^

And i have just buyed a GC adaptor :D

I accept... but i cant get in any american server (desynch, high ping :( )

Thino

Smash Master
Beef yummi...

eh

I HAVE SEEN YOU IN YOUTUBE, your vid about the Tales of symphonia tech glitch was great, thanks ^^

And i have just buyed a GC adaptor :D

I accept... but i cant get in any american server (desynch, high ping :( )
and where would you find beef?

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
u can prove urself by beating me!! ydadaaad..buts that gonna be hard for u..so basically ur gonna be stuck at nub**** level
Mmm, maybe i'm idiot, but i know some proper gramar (but it sucks) and I have some inteligence...

anyways when you want, come to reps xD

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
oooo! do wat i did! ask for some training then beat up some pplz! i asked about 5 experts on tips for battle.

UNKN{OWN}
Jamie HR
Malva
Darthfox
Superboomfan

wheee the creds!

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
i remember when i was like that. i made so many friends...until they BRTRAYED ME! so i searched for a clan...and found iXi as a good enough clan. revenge is so (not sweet) cool.
Yeah and that's what about 99% of the people who talk crap about us lack the knowledge of. They don't see what goes on behind the scenes in iXi, they just love to hate because they misunderstand and love to make such ignorant judgements.

People who don't know us or what we've done, each person or also as a whole, just love to hate on us. It's cool though cuz most of us feed off us this and only makes us stronger :cool:

iXi will be around forever and will only keep expanding on to much more things. Haters, keep hating, only the people who actually care to know any of us know the truth :lick:

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
the only reason i don't like ixi is cuz theres about 3 good ppl...

then there are about 2352365236 kirby roll-smash noobs who complain that i grab too much when i four stock them...

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
and to what met said...

i would pay isai 10 bux to train me on a real console lol
i kno ur good met... but its online and is pretty different from playin on console after lag is factored in ...

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
the only reason i don't like ixi is cuz theres about 3 good ppl...

then there are about 2352365236 kirby roll-smash noobs who complain that i grab too much when i four stock them...

...lol...

I don't even think I can count on one hand the amount of people in iXi who are Kirby only players lol

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
iXi has a bad rep because Unknown is the leader, and he was a HORRIBLE admin.

And Lord Kirby, Unknown is not an expert. He's not a noob, but he's not on par with people like Darth Fox and Jaime.

Reo, if you look around the forums, there should be a thread that was made by Umbrasquall, which should tell you all you need to know.

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
iXi has a bad rep because Unknown is the leader, and he was a HORRIBLE admin.

And Lord Kirby, Unknown is not an expert. He's not a noob, but he's not on par with people like Darth Fox and Jaime.

Reo, if you look around the forums, there should be a thread that was made by Umbrasquall, which should tell you all you need to know.

Flame on gay man!

FLAME ON!

Just like in the words of Johnny Torch!

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Yeah, I can't connect...is it the new IP?

If so, anyone have the new IP?

felix45

Smash Lord
everyone is just playing in Godweapon (miami server) now because emularena is down for the time being.

How do you get recognition? let your skills talk for you. I think if there was any reason for anyone to remember me would be zero212 and I partnering in teams, we rarley lose. You may hear us brag to get good people to join up sometimes as well, dont take offense we just get tired of playing people that aren't really challenges to us :p.

allthough zero is drugged up all the time now rofl. :D

but yeah just play people, dont be an ***, and you will get recognized.

SSb64champ

Smash Cadet
ah the good ole days when people cared about online status. you be lucky if you can find someone to play online these days

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
ah the good ole days when people cared about online status. you be lucky if you can find someone to play online these days
Too true. I won’t be doing online as I’ve got a bunch of brothers and friends who totally want to play the game and I can physically go see them. I’ll be playing it as soon as the new N64 comes in the mail

Top Bottom