• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How does falcon deal with double laser from edge?

Padre!

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4356-0947-3275
Sort of a random question, I'm wicked tired of getting hit by it and I know its not safe. What do I do?

Myst0

Smash Cadet
if you know they are going to do it run up and shield close to the ledge and then maybe up air out of shield? Idk m2k does it with sheik nair.

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
Yeah I've been wondering this too because I've never seen a Falcon reliably punish it and have no idea what to do. I know you can jump high and then time an aerial to hit when falco lands, but that doesn't work in practice because you can react to it

KUSH.

Smash Apprentice
Like Dolla said you can double jump and use any aerial to punish before they laser but it is not reliable. Knee seems to work the most for me but usually the laser hits me before i hit them. For reliable punishes ive seen n0ne run off behind them and jump back with bair. As you can imagine this is easy to read and if you keep doing it the falco will likely catch on and punish accordingly.

DYLirious94

Smash Cadet
Theoretically its possible to hit a upair oos after a double laser but only if the falco doesnt crouch. So in retrospect its not much of a punish unless you are spaced to where the falco doesnt want to try and shine and stays standing. Even a frame perfect oos upair wont hit a crouching falco.

Broder Daniel

Smash Rookie
You can up-b them. As you grab then u get hit by the first laser, causing a forced grab release. Falco will go down and out and only barely reach the ledge with up-b. Grab ledge.
This doesnt work if they do it fast enough to be invicible. I would shield and punish with nair/uair oos

DYLirious94

Smash Cadet
You can up-b them. As you grab then u get hit by the first laser, causing a forced grab release. Falco will go down and out and only barely reach the ledge with up-b. Grab ledge.
This doesnt work if they do it fast enough to be invicible. I would shield and punish with nair/uair oos
I assume you mean up b before the lazers? A nair or upair oos doesnt work if youre. this may be something i have to try..up b oos after shielding the lazers. anyone know what fram it comes out on when oos? also this could be punished very hard if the falco reads your up b.

For the oos options:
Too close to ledge as your in shield stun
If you misspaced/the falco pulls back
If falco crouches

Last edited:

B[r]ico

Smash Rookie
You can grab them if you're close enough to the ledge : you won't get hit by the lasers as you're too close, so you just have to shield and grab juste before they land (I think it's better to aim before because if you're late and they land they could shine and you'd be in deep ****)

The problem is, if they don't double laser, you're stuck in shield, close to the ledge, against a Falco, that's not great. Buf if you're positive they're gonna double laser, it's great because it means you get to edgeguard/gimp basically for free.

(Props to 20GX, the question's been asked on their stream)

Last edited:
Top Bottom