• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you want the opening movie to go?

How should the opening movie be like?

• Like Smash 64's

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Like Melee's

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • Like Brawl's

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Like Sm4sh's

• Something new (comment below)

• Total voters

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Throughout the generations, Smash Bros. has had an opening movie (sans 3DS). Smash 64 was memorable for how easily it conveyed the idea. Melee showed a montage of many of its characters. Brawl showed some clips from cutscenes of its Story Mode. Sm4sh showed many scenes from its many trailers.

I'd want it to be more akin to Dissidia NT's: showing an animation of all the members of the new roster duking it out in a free-for-all. But again, that's what I'd want to see. I want you guys' opinions on how it should go.

D

Deleted member

I prefer something like Smash Bros 64 or Melee's, which were cinematics done specifically for the intro.

Doing an intro using footage of the game or cutscenes are lame honestly. I do love Brawl's theme, but that's to be expected since it was composed by the one and only Nobuo Uematsu.

Smash 4's theme song was the blandest song in the entire series and it only further examplified how boring an intro is when it only uses already-seen footage instead of doing something special for the introduction (Brawl's intro is so much if only because of the theme song).

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
I’d prefer something like Melee’s! They put a lot of effort into making a super impressive opening, and it would be nice to have another one.

Though at the same time, I love the animated announcement trailers, and was disappointed that the DLC characters never got one. So I’d rather they make more of them over working on the opening. If that’s the route they go, then a Smash 4 kind of intro is fine with me, using those animations.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Hmm well chances are we might only get one CGI trailer for this game. It could thus be similar to Melee's in that regard where the video is both the trailer and intro.

I would prefer something lile 64 since it has that atmosphere around it other games lack. Another intro that looks at the lore of the series would be neat.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I want them to make a thing of the characters being trophies brought to life again. They mostly dropped that in Smash 4 outside of the idea of amiibo

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
To me, the Melee opening was the best. I can still clearly hear the beginning ringing in my head just before trophy Mario is transformed into Smash Mario.

..dun dun dun...dun dun

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

The unique cinematics + awesome music + the announcer actually saying SUPER...SMASH BROTHERS...MELEEE!! = win

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
The unique cinematics + awesome music + the announcer actually saying SUPER...SMASH BROTHERS...MELEEE!! = win
It would be pretty cool if the announcer screamed the game’s name again. :p Always thought it was funny in the first two games!

MilkMaiden

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4897-6508-9436
I would prefer it to be an opening cinematic akin to the one for Melee or even Brawl (even though it was just cutscenes stitched together). Smash Wii U was just a boring compilation of all the trailers we'd already seen a hundred times sprinkled in with a few gameplay bits.

Top Bottom