• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you use PSA?

rezen1337

Smash Cadet
Sorry, I just homebrew'd my Wii today, and I'm not sure how to get it working. First of all, I have already searched for my answers and haven't come up with anything, so I've come here to ask. Also, if there does happen to be a topic regarding my questions, I'd be more than glad to close this one if I were linked to it.

Alright, so what do I need on my Wii/SD card to get PSA working? All I'm really concerned about right now is downloading characters to play in Brawl+, and the only version of that I have is the simple SD one, where I can place it into the Wii and play based on preset codes right after downloading.

After getting any other necessary applications to run PSA (or other things of relevance), how do I use the files given for a PSA character? After downloading, I'm not exactly sure where to place them, as I don't even know how to run it in the first place.

Thank you for any help regarding this matter, and again, sorry if this was the wrong place to ask.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
PSA is the program that is used to create moveset hacks, not the actual moveset hacks themselves. If you have Brawl+ up and running, go to the character's folder in SD:/private/wii/pf/fighter/ and rename the Fitcharactername.pac (THE ONE WITH NO NUMBERS) to something else, and copy over the one from the character you are trying to install. Also if there's a CharacterFitMotionEtc.pac file, drag that over. Then you should be set.

rezen1337

Smash Cadet
Thanks, guys. I have it up and running now, with the characters I've been looking at for awhile =D

Zienzo

Smash Rookie
Alright, well I have a similar issue...
I'm not sure what I'm doing either. Same thing.. I've got homebrew all set up, I got the updatifier for brawl+ and I downloaded one of the more popular Shadow PSA's but I have no idea what to do with the files in it.
All I've been doing up until now are swapping textures, stages, and music but these PSA characters are really confusing me.
I tried doing what I thought was correct but it just froze as soon as I tried to enter the character select screen -w-
So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit - I realize that there are threads the say "Only ask your questions here" but those PSA threads weren't really related to this type of thing. So...yeah...

Top Bottom