• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you train for a tourney

TJ919

Smash Journeyman
I'll be happy if I don't get 3 stocked first round next time, but I might as well try my hardest. Any ideas? What do y'all typically do?

Luigisama

Smash Champion
If you have a bracket to look at then look up videos of the player you're about to play. Take note of habits or things they like to do. Also if there is a mu you struggle with check the character out and see what it's like to play them. It'll give you insight on the character's strengths and weaknesses.

Also practice your setups in getting damage and any kind of defensive mechanics.

TJ919

Smash Journeyman
If you have a bracket to look at then look up videos of the player you're about to play. Take note of habits or things they like to do. Also if there is a mu you struggle with check the character out and see what it's like to play them. It'll give you insight on the character's strengths and weaknesses.

Also practice your setups in getting damage and any kind of defensive mechanics.
Thanks, sadly I won't know who I'm facing until the matchup happens it's all local with no one having been filmed before like other tourney's

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Thanks, sadly I won't know who I'm facing until the matchup happens it's all local with no one having been filmed before like other tourney's
Hmm I see. What you could also do is at the tournament watch your opponent as they play their match if you're waiting to play them. You might pick up on a few things they do and you can figure out a game plan.

Last edited:

TJ919

Smash Journeyman
Hmm I see. What could also do is at the tournament watch your opponent as they play their match if you're waiting to play them. You might pick up on a few things they do and you can figure out a game plan.
D'oh!

Top Bottom