• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you punish zss down b?

jJOEe

Smash Rookie
Normally if you know a move is coming you can punish it, but I don't really get how to punish this one. I try to predict it and hit them at the top of the arc, but this works a fraction of the time, and often I get buried for trying. If I just dodge it there is seemingly no lag. What is a good way to punish this move if you know it is coming. I play Fox if that matters. Thanks for help.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I think it’s very situational and character dependent. You’ll want to read what they do with their down-b and shield whenever you think they’re being offensive with their down-b.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
On the bright side, an undocumented change from 6.0 removes the bug that gave her the ability to bury after already landing with the down special, or otherwise bury at moments she shouldn't of been able to.

Typical

Smash Rookie
Edge Hill University, Ormskirk, United Kingdom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsXk0kV87p8

Check that link out, it explains Flip Jump Kick (down b) in full detail, frames and all.

This might help you come up with some ideas one what you can punish with.

Generally,

if she bounces on your shield, Uair, Bair, Fair (which ever is fatest and will reach).
If she whiffs, reset neutral, or go for grab a lot of zss players will shield if it whiffs and they're close to you.
If they use the kick on your shield, punish it hard with Uair,Bair,Fair, possibly even usmash if your character has a fast one it has about 50 frames of lag i think. Cant remember exactly. Hope this helps dude J jJOEe

Top Bottom