• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you practice on your own?

SodaOD

Smash Rookie
What's some good things to do when practicing by yourself? Killing CPUs are boring.

LIL ELF

Best Smasher in North Pole
Switch FC
SW-6612-9831-3124
Well if you wanna practicing by yourself and not play online, CPU and training mode are kind of your only option mate.

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
When I practice alone I focus on 1 thing at a time. Maybe I wanna practice Short hops. Ill try to short hop back and forth across FD 5 times without accidentally full hopping. Maybe I wanna practice my edgeguards. Then I'd use CPU's to practice edguarding. Stuff like that.

Weenuk

Smash Cadet
if you have access to a computer then use the 20XX hack pack btw, it has a ton of options to help you out (ie: hitbox display, l cancel flashes, etc)

Prefecture

Smash Rookie
I practiced using both 20XX and Uncle Punch's Training Mod.
20XX Settings:
DI = Random
SDI = Random (Chance = 5)

Always Tech = 25:Forward/25:Backward/75:In Place
Getup Attack = 25%
Shield = 5-25
Neutral Offense = 100
Neutral Defense = 50
SHFFL = Default
OoS = Random or Grab
Reaction = 0/Exact

Tech Chase = Shine:5/Spot Dodge:10/Roll:10
L-Cancel Window = 3-7
Combo Counter set to Timer.
Overlays for IASA, Hitstun, Hitlag, L-Cancel Success and Perfect Wavedash.

I mainly play against Fox/Falco with various characters or practice platform tech on Hyrule/Dream Land/Pokemon Stadium/Battlefield when I'm having a slow day.

On other days I speedrun through Uncle Punch's training options and once I've completed all of them I cycle Ledge Teching, Ledge Dashing and Shield Dropping.

If I feel up to it -- I use Combo Training against various weight classes and tinker around and make up combos that work on Survival/Combo DI +SDI.

*http://melee.guru/characters/marth.html
I also spend some time mastering pretty much everything this website has to offer.

Last edited:

DDRC

Smash Apprentice
I just practice perfecting tech skill and stuff on my own, it can be tedious and its best to do in bite sized sessions. pays off big time especially depending on how long you practice every day and how practical the tech is. cpus can also be helpful for learning how to incorporate it but nothing beats going against real people.

OH...forgot to mention 20xx is almost necessary for alone practice. You can get it on any platform so if you don't already have it get on that.

Top Bottom