• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you play the Doc?

_BETA_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pootyromano
Do you like to go in pills blazing or do you like to sit in the back and play a good defensive game? or maybe you like the run and gun type of doc.

I personally like the run and gun play style. Shooting pills to get some damage and then running in with some combos when the enemy let's their guard down.

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty big on rushdown too. However, I think I need to learn to play more defensively.

ChrisTheSheriff

Smash Rookie
NNID
maximuslupis
I play a fairly aggressive game with Doc, but I stay cautious it can be very dangerous or rewarding to play as aggressive as I normally do in other games...

CoffeeB1ack

Smash Rookie
I play mostly keep-away using the wall of pills and grab whenever possible using f-tilt as a keep away move helps. Also Crouch Cancel D-smash is my favorite technique to use on my opponent along with Cape edge-guard

Hooooots

Smash Cadet
I use pills strategically I pill and put them into a position where I know my opponents options and punish or try to follow up accordingly to my options. I play pills a lot whether it be defensive or offensive. I like to throw pills pressure shield and grab. With doc I like to throw them off stage as soon as possible and go for off stage gimps with back air , up air and cape.

Theres so much more to Doc though and I am making a guide on him very soon.

Squid Kid

Smash Rookie
Pills and grabs at low percents, then at mid percents I like to use nair approaches and jab - dsmash. Dash attack works as an approach at higher percents when CC is less of a factor, and can combo into moves like his Uair. At later percents I usually finish with a well-spaced f-smash, d-smash, or grab - d-throw into fair.

auramaster64

Smash Rookie
NNID
LucarioN64Fan
3DS FC
0216-1094-5039
Basically it's still Mario, but with a good tweak strenght wise.

Last edited:

Chaos0205

Smash Cadet
I like to play aggressively with pills and jab to dsmash. I find approaching with bairs and running around platforms is pretty good. Cgrabs and capes on spacies cause I have no shame lol. Also throwing people off with up-b cancels is fun, and can occasionally net me a stock.

Top Bottom