• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you perform your uairs?

Marthier123

Smash Rookie
I've been practicing instant/quick uairs but i'm unsure of which is better to use. I feel like using the c-stick comes out abit slower, while using up-a is slightly inconsistent?

Preacher

Smash Cadet
Short hop -> up air with c-stick and fast fall simultaneously -> l-cancel and repeat

If c stick comes out slow you're not doing the input as soon as you can. And you should use A if you don't short hop such as when you use up air when you jump onto a platform

Hunybear

Smash Ace
I've been practicing instant/quick uairs but i'm unsure of which is better to use. I feel like using the c-stick comes out abit slower, while using up-a is slightly inconsistent?
C-stick always! For real tho if u feel like c-stick comes out slower then you're not putting in the inputs fast enough. It's an investment to speed up moving from jump too C-stick. Later you'll have to do short hop -> double retreating f-airs and fast fall up-airs. Things u can't do with A. Get really really fast going between short hops and C-stick aerials.

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
If you prefer, act like you're doing an uptilt with a gentle tilt(barely move the stick), but hit jump before.

Tilt up-> Jump + A

Or jump -> tilt up during jumpsquat -> A

Pure Royalty

Smash Cadet
well thats how i fall through platform uair. and using c stick is good. so im working on getting used to using c stick more often

Top Bottom