• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you make Nana not throw the opponent in a random direction?

CrazyCupofJoe

Smash Cadet
I've been trying to work on some sort of hand-offs like how they were in Brawl, but everytime that Nana gets the grab she upthrows or forward throws without me even touching anything. Is she programmed to do this? Is there anyway around this?

Last edited:

Smash Journeyman
Nana will always Up-throw or throw toward the edge of the stage (if she is close enough). If tap jump is off, you can hold up before Nana grabs and you can then control which way she throws, but the Dev Team has said they plan to remove this if they can. Basically, PM Ice Climbers were designed to remove infinites like Wobbling and infinite hand-offs.

CrazyCupofJoe

Smash Cadet
So what follow ups can I get off of a nana upthrow? I mainly only see the possibility for Up-air or B-air. I guess you could F-air and then get a tech chase regrab right?

Mookiefish

Smash Cadet
I think wavedash U-tilt -> F-air may work, but I'm a brand new IC player, so I'm still figuring stuff out. It seems like you only want to hand-off near a ledge just so you have followup or at least an edgeguard situation.

Top Bottom