• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you kill with this crappy character?

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Real talk, her combos do no dmg and she has no kill power lol

Buffs pls

Last edited:

KakuCP9

What does it mean to be strong?
D-tilt -->Usmash
Weak hit Nair-->Bouncing fish
Weak hit bair-->Bouncing fish
Needles--> Bouncing fish (preferably offstage)

Edge-guards with b-reverse Needles mixups

Ftilt/Dtilt--> Uair at really high percents

And so on and so forth.

The real challenge is overcoming her damage output since her damage per hit is low, but her tech-chases, strings and sublime neutral help bridge the gap in the damage race (she never has to approach opponents and can runaway/ zone break with ease thanks to the new needle mechanics and her stellar mobility). I suggest you either lab harder or shove off if you're just going cling to the pre-conceived notions of the masses.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
People that are better than both of us says shes crap at killing, calm down haha.

Thanks for the response tho.

KakuCP9

What does it mean to be strong?
People that are better than both of us says shes crap at killing, calm down haha.

Thanks for the response tho.
If you want to be shown respect, then act like you deserve it instead of being like "lmao. This char can't kill. Buff pls". This not only shows that you don't give the game the respect it deserves, but also the people here since this place is meant to share information and help each other grow ( if all you want to do is fraternize, then there other sections of the forums to do so).
Second, just because someone is good at the game, doesn't mean they're a good judge of the metagame or whether a character is good or not (think about that when top players are dumping their tier lists onto social media and think about why the they rate characters the way they do and you may find holes in their logic in the process).

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I asked a question, got an answer.

Killing is a huge weakness she has, anyone with any knowledge of the game knows it, I dont play her but shes one of the last characters I need to get into elite smash so I figured I'd ask.

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
User was warned for this post
I love all the trolls that think Sheik is "slept on" or "underrated" and that top players don't really know what they're talking about.

Gotta be pretty embarrassing to see the character get a pile of buffs like this, as well.

Golly, it's almost as if the character was severely over-nerfed from Smash 4 and needed buffs all along. Hmmm... :tired:

Last edited:

MyFaceIsEdible

Smash Rookie
I love her new changes it makes it possible to kill at like 100-150% more consistently (the 150 part is for heavys)
Like easier to chain forward air into bouncing fish, and easier to do down tilt into short hop fast fall up-air to down/forward smash.

Machii

Smash Apprentice
I love all the trolls that think Sheik is "slept on" or "underrated" and that top players don't really know what they're talking about.

Gotta be pretty embarrassing to see the character get a pile of buffs like this, as well.

Golly, it's almost as if the character was severely over-nerfed from Smash 4 and needed buffs all along. Hmmm... :tired:
That's not as bad as needing confirmation from other players as to why you can't succeed with a character.

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
That's not as bad as needing confirmation from other players as to why you can't succeed with a character.
It kind of is, though, since you're actively propagating lies and falsehoods about the character.

And just to be clear, I'd never be so vain as to seek validation (or "confirmation" as you weirdly put it) from someone over something that I and I alone am responsible for. Even still, let's pretend your accusation has merit for a second. You're aware that players far better than both of us (Void, Zero, etc) have gone on record as saying Sheik was weak and in need of buffs, right?

byelMeTi

Smash Rookie
It kind of is, though, since you're actively propagating lies and falsehoods about the character.

And just to be clear, I'd never be so vain as to seek validation (or "confirmation" as you weirdly put it) from someone over something that I and I alone am responsible for. Even still, let's pretend your accusation has merit for a second. You're aware that players far better than both of us (Void, Zero, etc) have gone on record as saying Sheik was weak and in need of buffs, right?
Void said she is high tier in his last tier list, you can check it in his YouTube channel, stop raging because you are bad with the char because Sheik AIN'T bad.

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
Void said she is high tier in his last tier list, you can check it in his YouTube channel, stop raging because you are bad with the char because Sheik AIN'T bad.
This may come as a shock, but your focus on the present doesn't magically erase the past. Void's current belief is that Sheik is good, but he didn't feel that way until very recently. In fact, he didn't think Sheik was viable/good at all before this patch. For months and months he and many others agreed that the character was in a weak state. Nice try, though.

byelMeTi

Smash Rookie
This may come as a shock, but your focus on the present doesn't magically erase the past. Void's current belief is that Sheik is good, but he didn't feel that way until very recently. In fact, he didn't think Sheik was viable/good at all before this patch. For months and months he and many others agreed that the character was in a weak state. Nice try, though.
The character was a mid tier before the 3.0 update, obviously that is no good for a pro player, but Sheik was an average char and now is pretty good.
I don't think is reasonable call her 'crappy character' because she is actually good balanced unlike in 4 or Melee, so please stop calling for buffs because she always had a below average damage, and still was top tier, now she is in a good spot without being bad nor too good.

Top Bottom