• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you keep up with players who are just faster than you?

RWyvern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RWyvern
Hey, apologies in advance if this is the wrong spot. I’ve given the forums a look over, but it takes a while to figure anything out.

That said, today I gained Elite Smash on my Ridley for the second time. I don’t have it any more, because I immediately found myself up against players who push buttons so fast it’s like their characters have no end lag. Kudos to them, they work hard at their game and they totally deserve to get somewhere.

But I have an issue where my fingers tend to slow down after ten minutes of fast play. Any longer and my wrist hurts, and so does my upper arm (all on the right, must be mashing those a and b buttons). I only play Ridley online just because I can’t play faster characters without that annoying pain. I typically stop for the day after a few matches.

Needless to say, I get trampled and rarely scrape a stock off my opponent. I’m just not fast enough yet to keep up with ‘em.

Do any of y’all have similar issues, and how do you work around them? I’d love to become a better player, and if there’s any tips for preventing hand/wrist/arm pain, I’m listening!

DDRC

Smash Apprentice
Playing the game more should increase your apm naturally, in training mode maybe challenge yourself to throw out aerials as fast as you can or just in general try speeding yourself up slowly, watch fast combos other players do and try to replicate them in training. Theres no easy way to get faster hands, its a long and hard process for players that have naturally slow hands. (P.S you might also be getting wrecked because ridley is just generaly not that good and has a hard time keeping speedy fighters out)

D

Deleted member

The person above has the correct answer but next time put stuff like this in general discussion or online discussion for ultimate

RWyvern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RWyvern
Thanks a lot, guys! Sorry about putting this in the wrong spot, still figuring out how these boards function lol. I’ve since kind of dropped online a bit, my internet really kinda sucks too much for it to be much fun. Might try to find out ways around to my local scene.

Top Bottom