• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you immediately turn around bair from ledge?

Taxi2lumby

Smash Rookie
I've noticed Hbox and some better jiggs players when on ledge will turn around and start bairing towards the stage without using a jump and I have been unable to find a tutorial or a name for this technique or maybe its just a basic ledge option that I don't know about. It's in this video at about 7 minutes and 0 seconds Hbox is on the ledge and and some how changes the direction he's facing without jumping and starts immediately bairing mango. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQz9FENbvWQ at 7:00

If you know of a tutorial video that can explain this I'd be super grateful. I literally just made a smashboards account to try to get this answered.

Last edited:

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
In the video you linked, hbox lets go of ledge and immedately double jumps to the right and bairs.

Last edited:

Taxi2lumby

Smash Rookie
I must just have been seeing this wrong for a while I can't find the original video I remember seeing this in though. He must just be doing it really fast because in some of the videos I've seen it doesn't look like he gains any height when it turns around so I assumed he wasn't jumping though I've never seen him jump more than 4 times so I could definitely have been seeing things. Definitely good to know I'm not missing some tech that could consistently save me a jump though.

Last edited:

SadFlyersFan

Smash Rookie
NNID
SadFlyersFan
Yeah, personally I find the actual inputs for ledge-related things very confusing.

rivers

Smash Cadet
Let's say you're on the right ledge.

Drop off ledge, tap left, input jump, then you'll be turned around and can bair and jump in peace.

what you're talking about, turning around without jumping, is not a thing. Unless you count pounding in a different direction.

Last edited:
Top Bottom