• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you guys instant RAR?

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
****'s hard to do, especially consistently. How do you guys do it? How does Nairo do it (if he's told anyone)? I think this will be important for me to learn how to use both Palutena and Yoshi more effectively since both of them have KO moves on their b-airs.

TheMaskedPhantom

Smash Rookie
Call me stupid, but is this the only way? Not really comfortable changing my controls just to do this (I only have jump mapped to one button).

Downshift

Smash Journeyman
Call me stupid, but is this the only way? Not really comfortable changing my controls just to do this (I only have jump mapped to one button).
OK, you're stupid. :upsidedown:

Nah for real, you just have to practice it and start out slow.
I went into training mode and slowed it down to half speed and focused on just reversing the dash. Then I added jumping right after reversing the dash. Then I added the bair after jumping. Finally I set the speed back to normal and put it all together.
Granted this was back in Brawl, and with Samus, but the muscle memory has stuck with me and translates well to other fighters as long as you get used to how fast/slow their bairs come out.

Phatty

Smash Cadet
Mysmashcorner made a video about this, but in order to do this method, you'd either have to claw grip or set one shoulder button to jump.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1kjQtMaPkE skip to 6min 20sec

Press forward on the control stick to start your initial dash and hold this direction during the entire technique
at any point during your initial dash animation flick the c-stick in the opposite direction
press jump after flicking the c-stick

Your character will perform a Bair on the first possible frame while preserving your forward momentum. Also, you won't have to go through your entire initial dash, unlike a normal RAR Bair. I'm not sure how Nairo does it but that's what I use for characters that can take advantage of it. Inkling can get Fthrow>Bair, Fox can mix Bair into his combo trees, and Roy/Chrom can do Jab>Bair. It's not very difficult to do either.

Top Bottom