• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you guys deal with the hate that Corrin gets?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I know that Corrin isn't the most popular Smash character out there. Or even the most Fire Emblem character?

That said, they definitely have fans.

How do you deal with all the hate and negativity thrown your way?

OhMyBanana54

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1628-5145-3801
Beat the haters with Corrin, or just ignore them. I love Corrin and I love her move set but not everyone does and outside of the context of a match, you just can’t let them get to you. Don’t internalize what they say just because they keep saying it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Focus on why you like the character. Find his other fans. Try beating up people with him. Remind yourself haters have too much free time on their hands.

Merfect

Learn your true self
NNID
Merfectman
Some people can have legit criticisms for Corrin, like how Corrin was a 2nd DLC Fire Emblem character in Smash 4 or that they have problems with how the character is written in FE Fates. Situations like that can be turned into a discussion, unless the other person is purely hating on the character for the sake of it. For those kind of haters just ignore them, you can’t really change them.

Not everyone is going to like the same characters. What matters is that you and several others love Corrin whether it’s for his/her moveset, design, or anything else.

Nah

Smash Champion
i've come to find in my old age that giving a **** about everything--especially things that you cannot change--is a waste of time and energy, and since i only have so much time and energy anymore, i have to choose what i do and don't give a **** about

something like people's dislike of a character i like is one of those things that, in the face of much more pressing issues in my life, seems rather silly to give a **** about

who you really wanna ask this question to is Bayo players tho

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Show the beauty of Female Corrin and tell them if they don’t love her they aren’t a human/dragon

D

Deleted member

I like using Corrin. I secondary her. And I really haven't come across much hate other then maybe 1 or 2. But I just ignore them.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I like Corrin as a character, and I like the fact that we got a Manakete as a Fire Emblem lord. Despite this, I'm simply terrible at using the character. I've tried maining Corrin, but his playstyle just doesn't suit me.

Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest is a challenging and well-thought out game, as far as strategy is concerned (can't say the same for Birthright and Revelation). That said, I'm glad Corrin is in Smash to promote the game. The storyline isn't as complex as those in previous Fire Emblem games, but enjoyable nonetheless.

Personally, if I've ever disliked a fictional character, it's because I thought they were poorly fleshed out. That said, I absolutely cannot stand Subaki. If there is one thing he is perfect at, it's being one-dimensional.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I absolutely cannot stand Subaki. If there is one thing he is perfect at, it's being one-dimensional.
And it makes things worse how he gets to have a child exactly like Cordelia (only makes marrying him to Selena/Severa much more painful)

MinunButPichu

Smash Rookie
I know that Corrin isn't the most popular Smash character out there. Or even the most Fire Emblem character?

That said, they definitely have fans.

How do you deal with all the hate and negativity thrown your way?
To be fair, I main arguably the most hated Smash character. Just play who you like, and don't let others change your thoughts on your favorites.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I think the Corrin hate has died down a lot now that a new Smash game is comming. The reason Corrin was hated is because it was the second to last DLC character and it was from a series that already got a lot of love in Sm4sh.

If anything the character that she was revealed with that generated all the hype back then is the most hated now.

hermes

Smash Apprentice
I didnt play corrin in wii u version. Im a fire emblem fan but I really dont like the new fire emblem. I am keen on corrin because he looks good! His attacks look great. I really liked his artwork in smash ultimate. Female corrin is lame though.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I main Corrin because I like her but I still hate the fact that she's in Smash.

Corrin was added as an advertisement. They made Smash a billboard.

But yeah I main Corrin.

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Mmm... I don't main him/her because I never bought the DLC but I could see myself maining Corrin in Ultimate since the DLC won't be needed. Don't care at all why a character is in Smash. I just care if they are fun. I think Corrin is the most fun FE character in Smash Bros so I won't hate. I think Bayonetta is a lot of fun too play as too so I don't care if she's broken. I'm gonna play my game and do so to the best of my ability. Everyone else can do the same orjust not play, still won't care.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
She's fun to play as and unique. That's all I gotta say.

hermes

Smash Apprentice
My bestie calls my corrin "borrin". His answer was a thousand side b's.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I think insta pin is one reason why people don't like Corrin. A fighter added as an advertisement with arguably one of the best moves in the game won't add up to something nice in some peoples' minds.

PsychoPuff23

Smash Rookie
The character sucks in fates because Corrin is dumb (same for chrom,lucina,daraen and roy).
Most people hates him/her because he was poorly written in Fates and was another dlc from fire emblem in smash 4.
The character is fun to play imo but he gets hated for a reason.
And also we have too much corrins in fire emblem heroes which don't help to

Halcyondays17

Smash Rookie
The character sucks in fates because Corrin is dumb (same for chrom,lucina,daraen and roy).
Most people hates him/her because he was poorly written in Fates and was another dlc from fire emblem in smash 4.
The character is fun to play imo but he gets hated for a reason.
And also we have too much corrins in fire emblem heroes which don't help to
That’s not what OP was asking. The question was how do “Corrin mains deal with hate”, all if not most Corrin mains know the character is hated and why.

To answer OP’s question, focus on what you like about whatever character. It’s inevitable that someone will hate the character you use for whatever reason, just focus on the positive rather than the negative. Also beating your haters helps too.

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
Oop sorry im not a Corrin main BUT!!!!!

I like Corrin's inclusion now, especially now with the Marth Quadfecta. How we got to this place is beyond me. From the FE Character mess, I really only like Corrin, Ike, and Robin. Whoever stays from the 4 Marths I could care less for.

I've never played a Fire Emblem game at all, but I see the FE Spirits and Im wondering how all the really cool/amazing looking FE Characters got shafted to make room for 4 Marths.

Asura, Gangrel, Lissa, Garon, Sakura, Tsubasa, Tharja, Tiki, Leo, Hinoke, Cordelia, Caeda ALL look more appealing than Marcina and Chroy.

Halcyondays17

Smash Rookie
Oop sorry im not a Corrin main BUT!!!!!

I like Corrin's inclusion now, especially now with the Marth Quadfecta. How we got to this place is beyond me. From the FE Character mess, I really only like Corrin, Ike, and Robin. Whoever stays from the 4 Marths I could care less for.

I've never played a Fire Emblem game at all, but I see the FE Spirits and Im wondering how all the really cool/amazing looking FE Characters got shafted to make room for 4 Marths.

Asura, Gangrel, Lissa, Garon, Sakura, Tsubasa, Tharja, Tiki, Leo, Hinoke, Cordelia, Caeda ALL look more appealing than Marcina and Chroy.
It’s because a lot of those characters are from the newest games in the series (minus Caeda and Young Tiki), and since “everyone is here” we gotta have all the FE characters + Chrom since Echoes are easy to make according to Sakurai.

LIL ELF

Best Smasher in North Pole
Switch FC
SW-6612-9831-3124
I didnt even know hating Corrin was a thing! Although I dont play Corrin very often, might be why I never got any hate

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I remember the hate early on because “advertisement” and “ANOTHER Fire Emblem character/anime swordsman”, but from what I saw it died pretty quick. It became cool to hate on Bayo in Smash 4 instead, then the Ultimate character train caught everyone’s attention instead.

Thankfully I was so against Bayo being in (for personal reasons) that I latched onto Corrin right away. Delzethin’s initial analysis video helped too and I began to realize how cool the character is.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Challenge them to a match, and show them exactly how fun and unique they are

And if you're good enough, you can manage to beat them, and be able to act smug for doing so

Last edited:

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Really, its better to just see it as someone else's interpretation of the character. I never felt Corrin was a completely awful character - not even in his games - but can understand why others dislike him. The kind of hate both male and female Corrin get is just a large amount of legitimate criticisms, but most people don't really mind it if the character gets more exposure.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I just say shes unique and like... one of the few unique characters. Then I say to them why they think Roy should stay if he's "a marth clone" when you cut Corrin even if she's literally the most unqiue out of Fire Emblem.

Top Bottom