• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you fight a Wii fit who likes to camp at the ledge throwing volleyballs at you

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
Mario Cape and both PSI Kids' Fsmash can reflect it. You can also hit the ball back

BoxedOccaBerrys

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BoXeDOccaBerrys
Hitting it back is not always a solid option. Do not hold shield, do not try anything. The best thing you can do is jump off the side of the stage and intercept their recovery or hit them when ledge invul is gone. Holding shield can be bad, especially if they can hit the headbutt as well, it takes about 2/3 of your shield off. And can set up for a side-b to nair shield break, which isn't good. It allows them to heal 4% and possibly kill you. So you should watch out for that. And if you notice that they stay close to the stage when hitting the soccer ball, go offstage and attempt to stage spike them. That can set up for them to miss a tech, due to it being untechable. Reflection is a possible option, but it is really situational, most likely to be useful after they get up from the ledge, or when they jump off of the ledge.

I talked a bit much... Didn't I... Sorry about that friend. I just wanted to help a little.

Hope this long message helps you! <3

:ness:

Endurrr

Smash Cadet
As a dedede main, I deal with wii fit's ledge projectiles almost exclusively by either jumping over them, or POWERSHIELDING. If you're having trouble with any characters' projectiles, learn to powershield in that MU. Wii fit's projectiles lose a ton of power when powershielded, especially at the ledge.
In fact, I just got off a for glory match with a wii fit that thought ledge camping was a free win. All I needed to do was powershield or jump over their projectiles, and punish their getups (Or lack of.), and it made it super easy for me to win.
Remember though, wii fit's ledge cling is disgustingly low. I don't think many smash attacks reach below the ledge, if any. in most cases you need to commit to punish wii fit, at least in my experience. Just a theory here though, but ness and lucas' projectiles can potentially ruin wii fit with no ledge invincibility, and with less commitment than mario or diddy. their up bs can snake around to hit a wii fit on the ledge, but you'd probably need to time them getting back to the ledge so they would get hit before they can roll on stage and punish you. As for diddy, banana is probably your best friend when youre trying to punish a wii fit. Mario is definitely tricky though, since his projectile probably would help you much with a camping wii fit.

Overall when I play wii fit I'm hunting for patterns on ledgeplay. If you notice one that rolls a lot, then punish accordingly. Same with getup attack and the other getups. A good wii fit will try to make sure that you DONT know what theyll do next, but then again a good wii fit probably wont stay on the ledge if you're great at reading getups. The character does need stage control SOMETIME at least. Bad wii fits though don't know when to quit. Its like cocaine or something.

Any wii fits want to correct or add on to things for me? I kinda just walked into the wii fit boards and thought I'd put my thoughts down so I don't really know if EVERYTHING I said is 100% solid advice but I think I got my point across okay

Top Bottom