• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you feel about Peach's place on the tier list?

LegendOfZeldaNut

Proud Bearer of the Triforce of Courage
Currently she is in the middle tier, in the D subcategory (or whatever it's called) and behind Luigi, Dark Pit, and Pit. In my opinion, although I do not see her as a high tier (though I am new to competitive smash so what do I know) I do think she should at least be in the C subcategory, at least before Yoshi, if not Captian Falcon. I see Peach as having better options than Yoshi, and while Captian Falcon is fast and has good offense, I do see him as a glass canon, while in my opinion, Peach is more well rounded an has better recovery (hovering anyone) and has a MUCH better defensive options

So what do you guys think?
(Please note that I am new to competitive smash, so if there is a valid reason she is where she is, feel free to let me know)

Last edited:

Royal_Tea

Smash Cadet
NNID
Royal_MC7
What keeps Peach from being higher tier is:
1. Slow running speed- this is her main flaw because she can't chase or keep up with a lot of characters.
2. Being tall and light- she is combo food because she is tall and can die quickly from being light.
3. She's a sitting duck trying to land safely-her second main weakness. Peach's aerials are not built to be used as defense (except for bair and nair, but its rare to use them defensively because you're rarely backed turned on defense and nair has short range). Fair is too risky and slow to defend yourself, dair gets beaten by most of the casts' Upair, sideB leaves her vulnerable if you miss, toad is the slowest counter in the game,
4. She has kill moves and kill potential, but she has to rely on setups, reads, and baits to kill outside of gimping because her kill moves are slow.
5. A decent vertical recovery at best, so she can't overcommit to chasing opponents offstage for long.
6. She does well in the neutral, but turnips are much slower to pluck and aren't as dangerous as they used to be. So she has to approach characters who have better projectiles like Sheik, Yoshi, Mario, etc.

However, I don't think Peach has very unfavorable matchups for her. Most are even or slightly in her favor. She can change her playstyle to suit her opponent. I think her potential really comes from the player because she has so many options and a high technical learning curve which is not quite mastered yet. Personally, a peach player that knows a lot of setups, mixups, is adaptive, and can read their opponent well puts her in top tier.

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
You covered her weaknesses to a T

Slow speed can be increased with Tap dashing but its risky and it buffers follow up attacks

Getting down is tough and requires you to be clever. Floats and fastfalls help a bit.

I mostly try to go for Throw combos up to 70 and then switch up to getting characters off stage and pressuring with turnips and offstage attacks.

Peach has issues but she also has options.

Top Bottom