• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you feel about “kicking” option in Battle arena?

Do you like the kick option in battle arena?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
“Is the master”. What the ***? Who talks like this. And if you don’t want someone to play with you, block him. Then he won’t enter your arena again. The arena is just a host for a public server provided by Nintendo, he is no master or creator. An eneourmous ego for thinking that. Okay, the person created that arena. Having a player he dosent like somehow change the rulesets of his arena? No. It’s still is the same arena with the personalized rules he made. You make no sense. Creator leave their own arena anyways with kicking. I’ve been in arenas where the owner is getting embarrassed so hard that he quits mid game canceling his own arena. It’s pathetic (and harlious since it’s usually happening because of me). So not much will change. Owner leaving an arena because of someone who triggeres him in gameplay should grow up.

@Sucumbio again. Deal with it. If you’re so bad at the game that someone comes in and roast you hard. Either quit and block that person or take in stride and get better. Obviously the latter is far more honorable. The prior is almost just as shameless but what can you do. People should have the right to block other users. All the “common sense” requirement should be dealt with by Nintendo admin. Such as prevention of offensive names or lag connection difficulty which they do since I don’t see lag often and see offensive name tags rarely. You guys defense of this kicking option is not very convincing.
@Mr.Dale like the profile pic.
First, I dont know why you cared so much about I say the creator of the arena is the "master". He is the creator of the arena of the ruleset he wanted to play, so he is the "master", the "owner", whatever you wanna call it.
But you mixed things here. Kick someone is different than leaving an arena and it being destroyed because it was attached by some loser player that happened to be the mast.. the owner. In games with a proper decent online system, if the creator of an arena or any kind of lobby leaves the room, the leadership is transfered for some other player, that will be the new owner. This has nothing to do with the kick discussion, and is only a problem of poor implementation of the arena system.

About what you said about the servers being not property of the player, and from Nintendo.. what makes no sense is what you are saying. The fact that servers are hosted by Nintendo is not even a point. Any game, specially with small amount of players, where you create a room to play between these players, the host can kick anyone. It works like that since the begining of online gaming, and I really dont know why you are considering it a problem. If you are mixing the feeling of being kicked by arena-hosts that abandon matches because they lose and destroy arenas where you and other peolple were enjoying playing, this is a problem of the bad implementation of the system by nintendo, that should just shift the host of the arena for another player for it to not be destroyed, like when you are playing any game in group and the group owner disconnects and leadership is passed to another person.

If you dont like to be kicked or dont agree to kick anyone, you are always free to create an arena and never kick anyone.

Last edited:

DANNY__JK

Smash Rookie
yall are crazy... having it is necessary. only sensible change would be adding a vote system like other games have. easy.

HybridXD

Banned via Warnings
It needs reform. Maybe have an vote like the person said. Personally I don’t have a problem with it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom