• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you F-air repeatedly so quickly?

aarongorn

Smash Rookie
Watching Ranai at EVO this weekend and MJG at this local tourney I went to, I was just baffled at how quickly they were able to forward air, fast fall, jump, and then forward air again in quick succession. It seems like when I try to do it, even if I full jump, I suffer a tremendous amount of landing lag between the moves. Is there an established way to throw out these moves super quickly? I can barely get 2 fairs out in the time it takes to float down from a full jump. Pls halp thx

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
short hop -> f-air -> hear the f-air sound effect -> fastfall ->short hop...

the trick is to delay your fast fall just a little bit so you land on villager's autocancel frames (the frames where you get a regular 4 frames of normal landing lag instead of the move's landing lag)

Remi45

Smash Rookie
Bair is quicker, you can fast fall immediately.

Make sure you hit Bair/Fair as soon as you leave the ground.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Bair is quicker, you can fast fall immediately.

Make sure you hit Bair/Fair as soon as you leave the ground.
Rephrasing this to avoid confusion

Bair is slower by 2 frames. But has quicker FAF so it can be acted out of quicker.

Aaron, just practice, as was said, sh fair > wait a tiny bit > ff until you can consistently land laglessly

Top Bottom