• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you escape sheiks chaingrab early?

damncracka

Smash Rookie
Trix mentioned in my other thread that you can escape at 20% (I think that's what he said). Just wondering the DI required for this and whether I need to mash out or not

Anop

Smash Apprentice
So i asked Axe a couple of days ago till when can Sheik edgeguard you and he said: "It ends at around 45 - 50%. DI so that Pika goes straight up. Tilt your control stick slightly opposite of the way Sheik is facing"

_trix_

Smash Apprentice
I know for sure that if you do everything correctly, its 35% at worst. think you can get out a tiny bit sooner actually. I think axe is just talking about realistically when most people can get out, but with super good DI and everything I know it ends at 35% at the very very latest(As I said, pretty sure it's a little eariler). The key is to jump out with tap jump, as it buffers a jump for 3 frames, making a consistent perfect jump out much much more plausible

atara

Smash Cadet
The key is to jump out with tap jump
Interesting. How do you tap jump if you're DI-ing up and back? Just roll the stick back and forth and hope it works?

soju

SD God
Interesting. How do you tap jump if you're DI-ing up and back? Just roll the stick back and forth and hope it works?
Letting go of the stick and immediately flicking it up with your thumb should make it easier for you

Top Bottom