• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you edge guard characters with tethers?

AndyT0073

Smash Cadet
Characters like link ivysaur and zss idk how to edgeguard. When they tether the ledge i know that if i hold on and they jump up then theyll be vulnerable, but can't they just hold on to the ledge until im forced to let go? Am i supposed to mix in ledge drop shine spikes to get them to start reeling in their tether?

bboss

Smash Journeyman
If you are in this situation and find both of you near the edge in the air, try to drag them down with a drill and start waveshining.

AndyT0073

Smash Cadet
What if they're tethered to the ledge and I am holding ledge? If the drill-> waveshine thing a punish for the lag from reeling in tether while im holding ledge? I really just don't understand tether mechanics or know when they're vulnerable and i can hit them :p

Matty89

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hydra89
Step 1.) Grab Ledge (as you see them recovering)
Step 2.) Hold the ledge. (as they pull up from tether they will automatically recover as if they had jumped from the ledge)
Step 3.) Punish.

That's it.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
What if they're tethered to the ledge and I am holding ledge? If the drill-> waveshine thing a punish for the lag from reeling in tether while im holding ledge? I really just don't understand tether mechanics or know when they're vulnerable and i can hit them :p
I don't know the frame data for the tether get-to-ledge but I believe they are either invulnerable or intangible for most of the way, so it's probably fairly hard to punish.

Smash John

Smash Apprentice
I don't know the frame data for the tether get-to-ledge but I believe they are either invulnerable or intangible for most of the way, so it's probably fairly hard to punish.
until the frame they actually grab the ledge (which they can't do if you are already holding it), tethers have no form of invincibility

Top Bottom