• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you do the Shino stall?

maelstrom99

Smash Apprentice
I've been wondering how to do it with Sheik since whenever I attempt to do it, I end up just doing the upward jump before the vanish when I'm on the ledge. Can someone tell me how to do it properly with the vanish?

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
If you arn't getting to the explosion part you could try angling yourself away from the ledge as you do the up b. I usually hit back to get off the ledge and then slide my thumb up. Just try not to bust out the chain and kill urself.

For future reference, drop off the ledge with either the control stick or the c-stick and then immediately do your up b. Once you initiate the up b point the control stick back down towards the ledge. Be sure to let go of the control stick once you do the explosion otherwise you'll go past the ledge and die. Immediately after grabbing the edge repeat this process otherwise you won't remain invincible for the entire up b. In summary: drop-->up b--> sweetspot ledge-->repeat quickly. You know you're doing it right when you can perform it on brinstar while submerged in acid.

SheikaLink

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0688-6178-8044
I could do a bit more than that but still had trouble, thanks einthesuperdog.

Adamante

Smash Rookie
I started to do clean shino stall the day I stopped using X and started using the stick to jump, maybe you should try that. I do down -> up (hold) -> then quickly press B -> down again (to angle the up-b but don't hold down too much or you won't grab the ledge)

Edit : didnt see the post was ten y-o :(

Last edited:

Lythia

Smash Rookie
I started to do clean shino stall the day I stopped using X and started using the stick to jump, maybe you should try that. I do down -> up (hold) -> then quickly press B -> down again (to angle the up-b but don't hold down too much or you won't grab the ledge)

Edit : didnt see the post was ten y-o :(
You were using X to Shino stall? What kind of hell...

Top Bottom