• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you do a reversed bair

Squ0ldrive

Smash Apprentice
Hello it is me, again. My question of the week is "How do you do a reverse bair?".
I have videos of Neon doing it and it looks so cool and usefull. Thanks in advance.

D e l t a

That one guy who does the thing with a camera.
From the little context provided, I'm inferring that you mean one of two things:

1. What I assume you're referring to: Reverse hit Bair out of a combo
Simply have enough forward momentum and be spaced well enough that Bair connects

2. RAR Bair
Running forward, quickly hit back on the analog stick then jump right after hitting the opposite direction back, and input a Backair (C-stick in the direction of momentum) and it will be a Bair going in the direction of your forward momentum

0:38

Last edited:

Squ0ldrive

Smash Apprentice
Any way that is the same combo that I was talking about, but Im going to use the heck out of RAR Bair to though.

D e l t a

That one guy who does the thing with a camera.
check my Lucas guide about RAR Bairs in the "Approach" section. I talk more in-depth about when and how to use RAR Bair

Any way that is the same combo that I was talking about.
Offhand I was thinking about Pink Fresh in pools doing a reverse Bair spike at CEO, but the video was removed bc VGBC doesn't support PM anymore. So I just YouTube searched HF Neon and that was the first thing I saw haha.
The better thing to do instead of reverse Bair, is to turn around with magnet before you finish the combo and the chance of hitting also increases. I only don't recommend reversing yourself if trying to finish off a combo on floaties or any other opponent that could potentially escape, or if you don't have much momentum horizontally

Last edited:

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
Ugly looking rars from that Mario player. He lost way to many frames, speed and forwards momentum in the rar motion. Correct way to rar is to flick the stick diagonal backwards/upwards just passed neutral position still far from touching the walls and then flick to the forwards corner. Speed of the whole motion should be that of a Perfect Pivot.

Top Bottom