• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you deal with super fast characters?

DarkJosh

Smash Cadet
These guys are pretty much the only ones to beat me now.
Sonic, Falcon, Fox/Falco, ZSS to a certain extent. I find they are just too fast and can grab combo me way too often

Any tips?

Revax

Smash Cadet
NNID
Revax0
The major problem I find with these characters is they all have combo strings they can pull off on Wario, however as you are aware they are aiming to grab you, you have a few options to deal with this. Bike for the most part makes it difficult for your opponent to grab you (they still can grab but only if it's perfectly shielded i think, but it's difficult except for characters with extended grab ranges like zss who can easily grab off the bike). Chomp also prevents mindless grab approaches and spot dodges (won't work for extended grab ranges however)

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
As with all characters, you just have to be safe. Learn what they can do to you and when, and avoid them so that, ideally, they can't do anything. Retreating fairs and nairs would look like good options in those matchups.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Getting comboed relentlessly after being thrown is pretty much unavoidable. However, the Chomp can shut down most of their approach options, making Wario one of the hardest characters in the game to grab. Ranged grabs are a *****, though.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Don't die, get lots of trades/pokes, and unleash a rage-boosted fart on their face that will kill past 40.

Adrian Marin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5000-2987-6227
Staying in the air excessively can get a bit predictable, not to mention punishable; mix your spacing a bit by abusing Wario's ground game. His jab is really great sometimes against these type of matchups.

Last edited:

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
I gave it up to use wario against fast chars.
but now since sonics bthrow is nerfed, i am screwed

Octagon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefly62813
3DS FC
4768-7531-8428
The bite is good cause if your opponent rushes often then you can can catch them off guard by biting instead of shielding or whatever. Also the bike is good to get away both vertically and horizontally. It also racks up damage

Top Bottom