• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you clear your search query?

Kirb94

Smash Cadet
You know like in Google if you type "Mario Games" the first time and when you google again as soon as you type "Mario" Mario Games automatically comes up because you've searched it before.

I'm using Internet Explorer.

snoblo

Smash Journeyman
depending on what internet browser you're using, it should be in the internet options/preferences, and you need to disable autocomplete.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
That won't fix the problem.

If you don't like it filling in your old searches in the first place, disabling AutoComplete is the way to go. I'm not sure if it'll still remember anything or purge its cache, so you might have to check that out if it's privacy you're concerned about. You can also select one of the suggested entries and press delete (shift+delete in Firefox) to delete just that one old entry.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
That won't fix the problem..
I know, but I'm stating that FireFox has the option of clear the pages viewed, user names and passwords, searched words, etc.

Just forget about the cookie thing, go to option>privacy and select/disable what you wish.

Also, if you want to delete the words in the google search box, just left-click the box and put the cursor ON the first word of the list that appears, then press delete until all words are gone.

Top Bottom