• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you beat Yoshi

axpli

Smash Rookie
How do you beat Yoshi with Kirby? Yoshi's Nair and Jab can come out faster than literally any Kirby move, so every time I try to punish him I get hit by Nair or Jab. How do I combat this?

BitBitio

Smash Journeyman
Kirby's jab is actually tied with both of those moves at frame 3. So if we're only talking that, use jab. Otherwise, try to predict and wait out these moves. If you buffer up or down tilt, their frame 4 startups can possibly beat Yoshi out.

D

Deleted member

Playing Yoshi is a test of patience. He has the aerial game running for him and his eggs can potentially disrupt your plan. The fthrow-fair combo doesn’t work due to his double jump combo.
Get the copy ability. It alleviates some of your projectile problems.
His ground game isn’t all that great, you’ll be throwing a lot of grounded moves...
And if you catch him offstage (final cutter/inhale) while he burns his second jump then he’s screwed

BitBitio

Smash Journeyman
By the way, Kirby can actually outspeed Yoshi's nair and jab now, since his jab just got buffed to frame 2.

Top Bottom