• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you beat Simon/Richter as Roy/Chrom??

huiyu22

Smash Rookie
I am having so much trouble just even approaching them, and when i do I am only able to get a few hits in before they run away and start throwing stuff at me again ;-;

Not sure what to even do when I face them.

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
Shield his cross and then once you're within range start grabbing him and spam :GCY: + :GCL::GCA: or :GCR::GCA: (short hops + fast fall). Use shield when you're within min. range for players who like to spam whip and if you're running out of shield you also have counter. The best way to finish off a Simon or Richter would be to increase aggression off stage since their recover is not that good.

Also, a recommendation: Change the stage to one with platforms since they do not suit projectile spammers that well.

Last edited:

WeretigerX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PentSage
Richter and Simon have blind spots for their projectiles and even more blind spots for the whip. It can be a slow trek to get to them, but it's not as bad as it looks. Their projectiles have some ending lag and only cover a small area or trajectory and the whip is extremely linear. Approach at an angle after dodging a projectile. And of course, if you knock them off stage, take full advantage because they suck at recovery.

Odd_0ne

Smash Cadet
NNID
MusicHero64
3DS FC
4124-5828-2172
Just dive in and watch for their projectiles tbh. Above responses are great. Recovery is bad so just edge guard/ ledge trap them with your faster normals. Watch out for their ftilt tho

JustTheTipperR

Smash Rookie
Roy's dancing blade Side-b works wonders on Richter and Simon. It comes out fast, has range, and shoots people out way farther than it should. If you're on a stage like Battlefield, stand on the edge of the lower platform and try to time your approach in between them throwing projectiles then rush down and hit them with a dancing blade. Both Simon and Richter struggle against characters who can get in on them and keep up the pressure which works well for Roy since he's really fast in both the air and on the ground. However, I don't recommend trying to short hop over his projectiles since Roy's short hop doesn't go high enough for him to hop over anything.

Top Bottom