• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you beat Ike and rob as MK?

fairyghost

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7803-4243-1715
i struggle against these characters as well. for ike, i'd recommend playing more defensively and baiting and punishing his attacks. they hit hard and outrange you, but he's very slow. punish him hard when he misses an attack or hits your shield.
as for rob, i'd also appreciate advice for beating him because i'm not sure myself lol. i haven't come across as many rob players compared to all the ikes online (but when i do find a rob, they usually destroy me)

Last edited:

Rehnquist

Smash Apprentice
I recently erased all of my rob footage but he is easily gimpable. Online Ike is a pain in the butt because it's hard to parry, otherwise just wait till they overextend themselves and punish that. Attacks that send him more horizontal are more damaging to his recovery options. Otherwise for your average run of the mill players, just be patient in neutral.

TheSkillMythos

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4208-5476-7796
I know that this thread is fairly old, but an easy way to punish Ike's up special is to juke it with teleport, then attack when you come out for an easy 16% damage. It takes some practice, but once you get the hang of it you will find yourself punishing most fighters with teleport.

Top Bottom