• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do the 20XX SD remix characters work?

Sour-Slug

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry if this information is already out there, I could not find it if it was. I wanted to know how 20XX has the PAL and SD remix characters as sub selects of the original work, and also about choosing giga bowser instead of bowser for example.

* wanted to know how hard it is to add in
* also I would like to know the limitations (if there are any)

Basically I wanted to mod in a character skin that would make the character look like something else. like the dry bowser skin, idk. Then use the same technique 20XX uses to change the character. so then you could create a "new" character. (by swapping animations and moving/changing hitboxes. also if FSM would work too).

Just wanted to know if this could work that way or not, and just how the other changed characters are added in general.
(PAL and SD remix variants that is)

Last edited:

Timataio

Smash Rookie
The 20xx file, when opened with the dat texture wizard, has .sat and .pat alternates on each character (e.g. PlCa.sat, PlCa.pat). From my experience changing the PAL variants always works if you replace the file, but SD Remix doesn't completely work for certain characters (G&W in particular comes to mind) because some of the data is stored somewhere else (where I don't know).

Adding new files in is pretty easy once you have them if you use the DAT Texture Wizard. To my knowledge there aren't any limitations other than some of the SD Remix swaps don't work 100% of the time.

Sour-Slug

Smash Rookie
The 20xx file, when opened with the dat texture wizard, has .sat and .pat alternates on each character (e.g. PlCa.sat, PlCa.pat). From my experience changing the PAL variants always works if you replace the file, but SD Remix doesn't completely work for certain characters (G&W in particular comes to mind) because some of the data is stored somewhere else (where I don't know).

Adding new files in is pretty easy once you have them if you use the DAT Texture Wizard. To my knowledge there aren't any limitations other than some of the SD Remix swaps don't work 100% of the time.
Thanks for the information!

@Achilles1515 Do you know what the code or change that allows using the D-Pad to switch between PAL and SD Remix?
I would like to use a fresh ISO to mod, but want to use that feature in it, just don't know how to add it in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom