• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I use 20XX 4.05 to practice with Falco

Zen100

Smash Rookie
How do i use 20XX 4.05 to practice with falco, just to let everyone know i also have 3.02 to practice shield pressure and all that but just wondering how I can use 4.05 to practice falco? Also which one would be more beneficial to use?

Last edited:

Ezlo

Smash Cadet
Hey there! Been a while since I was on.

I also use both -- there's pros and cons to either. 4.05 is generally easier to use and a bit more stable in my experience, so for just your average practicing, I would definitely say 4.05 is better. Anything you can practice in vanilla melee, I personally practice in 4.05 (training mode or I turn off the crazy CPUS because they don't help much).

If you have something specific to practice, then you might start switching back and forth. For 3.02, there's a BUNCH that you can practice that's either harder or impossible in 4.05. OoS options (because you can set characters to spam shield pressure), shield pressure, things like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ltze2Ac4VYQ (give it a watch, it includes a lot of the cool stuff you can do).

Techchasing is kinda weird. If you want to practice platform techchasing, I personally would recommend 4.05, but I know others who would recommend 3.02. In 3.02, you can set fox/falco to shine immediately after they tech, which helps get the timing for it in your head. On the flipside, in 4.05 you can set teching percentages to whatever you want, so that you can punish specific options, and use the amazing color overlays on the opponent to see when the tech's finished.

How I use 4.05 to practice, mostly, is by using the color overlays to fix up some of my timing. Setting crouch and wait to colors can help speed up your play quite a bit -- for instance, when you nair-->shine, if you see yourself flash either your 'wait' or 'crouch' color, then you spent too long before shining. Also helps for practicing wavelands and ledgedashes, because of the perfect waveland color overlay. Like I mentioned above, as well, setting it to teching in specific directions can help you practice your platform techchasing as falco.

I would say 3.02 is definitely better for practicing a lot of your techskill, but 4.05 is more stable (from personal experience) and that alone is enough to make me use it more often. I hope that helps!

Zen100

Smash Rookie
ok yeah i use 3.02 for practicing a lot of shield pressuring and overall tech i just wanted to see how other people use 4.05 so I can brain storm on how to practice with it.

Fazl

Smash Rookie
I only use 3.02 for shield pressure and anything that uses the spam action thing, like ledgedashing past certain moves. 4.05 has everything else you would need

knelo94

Smash Rookie
can anyone give me access to the 20xx 3.02 version? I really need to practice against falcos

Top Bottom