• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I survive against Bayonetta's Combos?

ClubberDan

Smash Rookie
What do I do against her F-air string that drags you all the way to the side blastzone and her standard one that kills off the ceiling? I tried to DI down and away but I still died.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
I just do regular DI
To be honest, that actually depends.

If you do normal DI, for sure you won't escape her combos.

Smash DI on the other hand, is possibly harder if you play on 3DS. However, I've heard that Bayonetta's neutral infinite is one of the hardest ones to Smash DI out of, but I need to test it on a Lv. 9 AI to see if they can escape it much easier since they're known for spamming perfect Smash DI.

One consistent Smash DI method is to Smash DI away and downward from her Up B combos, since she's forced to often fly higher when she lands a hit; if you get very lucky, you may even slide away from her Up B followup as she kicks further away from you.

Last edited:

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
If you SDI down from her witch twist, she can''t reach you with anything except for nair on very big characters with high weight. As for fair, since it usually comes out of witch twist, SDI'ing down will definitely help here, It's wierd, as with some characters I can't even his fair after witch twist some times, they go too low. Just remember that smash Di is your friend here. It may be a little harder because samus is floaty as all living heck, but it does work.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I barely SDI against her which explains why I keep getting owned. Definitely going to try it from now on. If I play as DK, should I always SDI down as well?

iiJjRr

Smash Apprentice
SDI'ing down will be the only option (if not the only option) for escaping/surving Bayonetta's Witch Twist Combos. I would recommend if you watch these videos

A introduction/video about SDI

A more in-depth video about DI and SDI

And the Bayonetta Videos

GO TO 4:12

Top Bottom