• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I stop being a scrub?

magister54

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2882-0961-9677

djmath

Smash Apprentice
I just wanted dumb answers, I know I need to play more and practice more; there's no magic cure for major scrub syndrome. Put in the work and you'll get results. Johns and whining make you stagnate if you don't actually try to get better.

magister54

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2882-0961-9677
I just wanted dumb answers, I know I need to play more and practice more; there's no magic cure for major scrub syndrome. Put in the work and you'll get results. Johns and whining make you stagnate if you don't actually try to get better.
Sorry I wasn't trying to be mean, I just wanted to say the word "scrubby." Avoid the MSS haha.

Let us know if you have more scrubby questions.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Play good players. There is no magical answer to being good. You have to put in the time like everyone else before you. It takes effort to be good at this game.

Vandire

Smash Cadet
Practice a LOT. find a group, and just play the one character. If you need to learn combos study up on matches, posts, watch the players who rule this character from multiple tournaments. It's how I have gotten quite a few of my weaknesses in check.

Mr. Bean

Smash Apprentice
i'm starting to get good at this game. after a year of foundation, I finally am starting to improve dramatically. How did this happen? Practicing all the time. Watching lots of videos. studying, playing good players all the time, asking the right questions and working on fixing my mistakes/bad habits.

Not sure if you actually wanted advice or not, but this is a good way of doing it.

Last edited:

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
Always think one second ahead. You won't be able to shield/fair in time if you're waiting until you see Fox stick his foot out. When they've entered a distance to where they can hurt you, that's when you act.
Thinking one second ahead was what brought out of scrub-ness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfBuAo_Bfvw

Also, as Marth, you should be intercepting attacks more than shielding/dodging them.

Top Bottom