• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U How do I start a Smash Bros. competitive scene

Etana

Smash Rookie
OK so in my state (NT, Australia) there is no smash scene whatsoever and everyone whom I have spoken to about the game has only played smash 64. Yesterday we friends tried to set up my Wii U at our local library so we could play with some other people/introduce them to the game. Now if all went well, which I feel like it would have as we were already getting some people interested in the 5 minutes we were there, I could have made it a weekly thing to set up my Wii U there every Friday. But of course that's against the library’s rules because it's in a public space or whatever, should have seen that coming.

However, there is a room at this library that I can book for an afternoon that's $20 an hour. I am looking into alternative venues to use or maybe I could ask a school for a classroom? So what I am asking is how to set up a smash scene from scratch. I only know three or four people who could come so to gather more people I am thinking of using social media, posters, maybe get into a school's newsletter idk.

I am mostly interested in competitive smash. However, as I live in Aus For Glory lags to **** and I have no local competition. So I would like to start the competitive scene myself. But for now just getting a bunch of people together to play is more than enough more me.

If everything goes well then maybe I could do a fundraiser/get sponsors to help pay for the room and maybe get an additional wii. I am 18 btw.

Post on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/59zez1/how_do_i_start_a_smash_bros_competitive_scene/

tl;dr How to start a smash scene from scratch. Gathering people and maybe getting sponsors.

Last edited:
Top Bottom