• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I QA sideways TWICE?

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
So I've always thought that in order to use the second part of Pikachu's up-B you have to input another direction that passes a certain angle (something like 30° or w/e). Since I've always had this at the back of my mind, I've had to drift into a position, whilst recovering far from the stage, from which I can up-B in one direction, and then change direction AT LEAST 30° in order to grab the ledge/land safely.

Then I watched this video of ESAM against Mr. R, and around 8:36, he gets hit away and then recovers horizontally TWICE, almost at the exact same angle. Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEe-bS4_wig

Can anyone tell me how to do this, please? It would improve my game A LOT.

Psy.

Last edited:

Angiance

Smash Lord
That's called "QAC," which is done by inputing the 2nd part of QA into the ground; assuming you're facing right, the input for QA is: Right > Down-Right

Ask questions in the Q&A from now on please ^ - ^

Last edited:

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
He was off-stage when he did it though. It was a recovery, not a QAC :S

Thor

Smash Champion
Psymon, I'll answer it before they lock this (Seriously though, go to the question thread, that's why it's pinned...)

It's not actually the same direction twice, although I see why it looks that way. If you look closely again (at like 8:38 or whatever), you'll see ESAM go directly right, but then you'll notice he goes up slightly. However, Pikachu has a very large ledge sweetspot with QA, and ESAM uses this to sweetspot the ledge. He doesn't go directly right twice, but right and a little bit up to grab the ledge.

Angiance, you really should watch footage before you comment.

Also, for doing a QA, I recall reading the angle actually only has to be 22.5 [or maybe just 22] degrees difference from the first to get the second part, someone should fact check me on this.

It IS possible to go the exact same direction twice in SSB (the original with 12 characters), I've seen it done straight up (I think it works in other directions), that requires an exploit with the controller that is (from what I've read) absurdly difficult to do consistently (something like holding the analog stick in the exact opposite direction, but only 44% towards that direction if 100% is all the way and 0% is the center). No such exploit has been found in Brawl though.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Thank you so much, Thor! You answered my question and then some :). I'll ask further questions i the Q&A.
Angiance, I love the honesty :p

CLOSE THIS THREAD, YO!

Top Bottom