• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I prove no income?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'm applying for food stamps, and access health insurance, and I need to provide proof that I have no income. How do I do this?

Just to note: I have never held a job and I do not have a bank account.

I called the DES office and they asked me to provide a letter explaining how I cover expenses, but I wasn't able to find any good examples on how to write a letter like this.

Can someone help?

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
I beleive you have to show that any income you have earned is not taxable. If you've never had a job and are having someone provide for you such as a parent then you have to show you are their dependant.

From Google:
file a Form 4506-T with the IRS to request copies of all income sources that they have information on.

Check Box 7 - Box 7 requests proof from the IRS that you haven't filed a tax return.
Check Box 8 - Box 8 will request a printout of all the W-2s and 1099s issued under your Social Security Number.
If the income showing is non-taxable (or non-existent), that will help prove your case.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf

Top Bottom