• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I preform retreating double lasers consistently?

Yawshi

Smash Cadet
Every time I try to perform them, I most of the time I end up only shooting one laser, someone please tell me what I am doing wrong, thanks.

flyboy__

Smash Cadet
Every time I try to perform them, I most of the time I end up only shooting one laser, someone please tell me what I am doing wrong, thanks.
Idk how everybody does this, but I do a double laser like i might a double shine, sliding my thumb from x to b as fast as possible to double tap B.

dzee

Smash Rookie
NNID
dzee04
3DS FC
3883-7738-5356
Practice this first, don't first-time it in a set - better to do a consistent SH single laser than SHDL sometimes and side-B sometimes.

There really isn't a trick, you just have to practice the muscle memory and timing.

Anyway, here's my technique:

If you're dashing away from where you want your laser to go, short hop with Y, flick the analog stick to the side you want to face,(if your controller has bad snapback this will be way harder) and slide from Y to B right as you leave the ground.

The timing for sliding Y to B should be the same regardless of what situation you're performing the SHDL in - there's just a 3 frame window to hit B the first time, and only the earliest timing can hit certain characters. If you're standing still, you have to slam the stick as soon as you press B. This is something that will only come with a lot of practice - when I started it took me months to learn how to SHDL.

Top Bottom