• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I play the Mario vs Diddy MU?

Who wins, Mario vs Diddy

• Diddy

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Mario

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

OpCop_Das

Smash Rookie
NNID
diamondarmrsword
I have a few questions regarding the Mario vs Diddy matchup, on Mario's side. Firstly, I would like to know who wins the matchup in your opinion and why. Secondly, what to do against Diddy to win as Mario. Finally, the important combos at low, middle, and high percents.

Mordecai Hazard

Smash Cadet

Rawrbeque

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rawrbeque26
Diddy is in the top 10 fastest fallers. Use that to your advantage by utilizing down throw -> uptilt -> up air combos.

Try to cape his side-b's when he is recovering

One hit will knock him off his barrels.

Try to read when he is going to throw a banana peel and cape it back, or if you can throw it back at him. If it connets, your best punish is a grab at low percent, or reverse up smash at high percents.

Try to stay out of the down-tilt range. Most diddy's will use dtilt into a grab, so if you DO get hit by a couple of dtilts, i start jabbing to stuff the grab approach.

Top Bottom