• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I invincible ledge dash?

Pάρί

Smash Apprentice
I've been hearing this techs lot in commentary, but I don't know what it is.
Can someone explain to me what it is, and how to do it?

Also what is Hax Dashing and how do I do it?

Thanks
:foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee:

Rachman

be water my friend
Fox doesn't hax dash, hax dashing = RLD or reverse ledge dash made infamous by Hax when he was a Falcon main. People confuse it with invincible ledge dashes since he is a big proponent of them as well, but they're very different. Invincible ledge dash is just letting go of the ledge as soon as possible (to use as many of the 29 potentially actionable invincibility frames you get from grabbing the ledge) and immediately wavelanding onto the stage so you can be on the stage, fully invincibly. You are invincible and able to do anything you want for ~15 frames if you do it perfectly with Fox, and that's more than enough time to destroy anyone as Fox.

Edit: How far you can get a completely invincible upsmash if executed properly (courtesy of Kadano):
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/3826/yhyc.png

Last edited:

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
this may not be the best way to practice (i don't know if there's like something wrong with this method but it works fine for me) but i think what helped me most is physically seeing what the right time to waveland was. what i'd do is i'd go into training mode, slow it down to 1/4 speed, grab ledge, then drop down/double jump as soon as i could. then i'd see the earliest moment where i could waveland onto the stage which was where fox's body was just above the ledge. after that just look for that moment in normal time and just speed up the inputs. it takes a lot of practice to get it down consistently to the point where you can use it without worry in a tournament setting, though. i don't really prioritize it over things that i need to work on like moving as quickly as possible after wavedashing, wavedashes oos, adjusting my wd lengths, better dashdances, etc. it's fun to do but be sure to get basic stuff like shffls, aerial drift, dash dancing, wavedashing, and other movement options totally down before even bothering with invincible wavelands imo

Top Bottom