• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I increase grab range and get rid of helplessness after fox side-b?

MathCow

Smash Rookie
Please help, I have basic knowledge of hex editor and would be very grateful if someone could help me out.

Punkline

Dr. Frankenstack
You can do this in Crazy Hand.

Grabs are a type of hitbox, so you just increase the hitbox size:

To stop special falling, use the move logic table to modify the animation interrupt function of fox's side-B. Any animation interrupt that ends in normal falling will work, for example 800CB2F8:

Another example with Mewtwo's up-B:

IASA function = interrupts based on inputs
Animation interrupt = interrupts based on expiring animation

Set animation interrupt to one that results in a falling state for Mewtwo's recovery portion of up-B to make him end it with a falling/standing state instead of his recovery-> special falling.

Some example useful animation interrupt function pointers:
800CB2F8 -> falling
80099BD0 -> special falling
80099E80 -> standing

Last edited:

MathCow

Smash Rookie
You can do this in Crazy Hand.

Grabs are a type of hitbox, so you just increase the hitbox size:

To stop special falling, use the move logic table to modify the animation interrupt function of fox's side-B. Any animation interrupt that ends in normal falling will work, for example 800CB2F8:

Another example with Mewtwo's up-B:
Thanks a lot!

Top Bottom