• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I handle this situation?

anon2142

Smash Rookie
One of the more prominent members of the smash community is my ex, we broke up on really bad terms. Admittedly, some of my behavior wasn't the best throughout the breakup to say the least. But the person now makes me out to be the worst person in existence. I want to get more involved with smash since the release of Ultimate, but I'm concerned about this person's response to me getting involved. I'm fairly certain they'll say I'm getting involved in the community solely because of them even though I want nothing to do with them. So now I feel like I'm stuck in this situation where I'd like to invest more time in one of my interests, but I can't because of the way this person will respond. What should I do?

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
It's difficult to say exactly since I don't know you or your ex personally. Ultimately, the best-case-scenario would be to find reconciliation of some sort (you don't necessarily need to be friends, but getting on neutral terms would be good). If there's anything left to apologize for, then apologize for it and move on. Once you've apologized and expressed an openness to let the matter be settled, you've done all you can; from there it's the other person's issue. I would not recommend avoiding the competitive scene just to avoid your ex, but I would recommend that you strive for peace and minimize conflict as far as that is in your control. I hope this has been helpful.

Top Bottom