• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I get used to playing on other stages beside FD?

Young Rinku

Smash Cadet
I've noticed that I play much better on FD than I do other stages, and I've been trying to get used to the others on my own, but cannot seem to be comfortable on any other stage unless I'm playing well overall. Is there something I should try so other stages can give me an easier go of things?

alphabattack

Smash Apprentice
Practice wave landing a lot as well as shine waveland fsmash. I had the same problem and started practicing wavelands and it got to the point where battlefield is my favorite stage.

alphabattack

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I'll be sure to practice this.
Thank you!
No problem! Once you get used to wave landing you see the appeal of platforms. The best thing about platforms that should help you have fun with these stages are:
  • Waveland grab
  • Shine waveland
  • Run off top and laser, land cancel, isai drop through the platform, laser, land cancel
  • Run off top platform, laser, land cancel, fsmash
  • Side b as soon as you run off the side of a low attorney and you'll edge cancel in the other.
  • On yoshis, utilt, shine, waveland top platform, fsmash.
Also if you are getting pressured on a platform, shield drop into immediate shine comes out frame 2 if you are frame perfect, because afaik, shield dropping though a platform takes one frame.

Zekk

Smash Apprentice
If you're willing to spend the kind of time i did i suggest you go on every legal tourney stage set them as your random and play 60 minutes on each just practicing tech skill and getting in the enviorment

Young Rinku

Smash Cadet
If you're willing to spend the kind of time i did i suggest you go on every legal tourney stage set them as your random and play 60 minutes on each just practicing tech skill and getting in the enviorment
I've started to do this, and it's been having a pretty good effect on me. I've been slowly, but surely, becoming more comfortable playing him, but I still need more practice if I'm going to play my best.
Thank you for the help.

Top Bottom