• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I get rid of the falling snow in Icicle Mountain?

JoshuaMK

Smash Apprentice
I'm needing to get rid of it for a texture hacked version of the stage, but it doesn't appear to be a texture within DAT Texture Wizard... Also how would I go about adding the same sort of effect into a different stage?

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Code:
$Disable Falling Snow on Icicle Mountain [UnclePunch]
041f71c4 60000000

JoshuaMK

Smash Apprentice
Thank you so much! Would you mind telling me how you found the value + address for the snow? I'm curious and it might help me with future things. Also, would there be a way to create precipitation in a different stage using this kind of technique?

Last edited:

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Thank you so much! Would you mind telling me how you found the value + address for the snow? I'm curious and it might help me with future things. Also, would there be a way to create precipitation in a different stage using this kind of technique?
There's a function that creates "stage GFX". I placed a breakpoint on that function, loaded icicle mountain it landed on the address that spawns the snow GFX. The function address that creates stage specific GFX is 801c96f8

I don't believe you can create the effect on other stages, I'm pretty sure there are dependencies for the GFX located in the stage file.

JoshuaMK

Smash Apprentice
Ok! I was just wondering because I was planning to create a rain effect on one of the stages, but that's fine. I wonder if it could be possible to find these dependencies and then just put whatever is needed into the stage file that you want the weather to be on... just food for thought.

Top Bottom