• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do i get past arcfire?

Cauls

Smash Rookie
I play lucas (yes absorb it ik but absorb takes forever to pull out) idk how to deal with arcfire. When i sheild i cant really do anything but wait for my opponent to grab me, if i roll back then it catches me anyway, if i roll foward i get grabbed. Please help???? My main concern is what to do in shield.

Venclaire

Smash Apprentice
I play lucas (yes absorb it ik but absorb takes forever to pull out) idk how to deal with arcfire. When i sheild i cant really do anything but wait for my opponent to grab me, if i roll back then it catches me anyway, if i roll foward i get grabbed. Please help???? My main concern is what to do in shield.
One thing to realize is that when Robin throws Arcfire, he is in a lot of lag before throwing it, while throwing it, and after throwing it. Basically, arcfire is really laggy. When you hear Robin yell Arcfire, you can pre-emptively shield and roll before it gets close to you. It might be a good idea to ask the Robin forum what the best counterplay against Arcfire is as well, they'd probably be happy to tell you. You can jump over it too, but they might begin to catch you if you do it often.

I'd recommend even trying out Robin's Arcfire in training mode to get a feel for the move so you know what the limits of the move are.

Last edited:

Cauls

Smash Rookie
One thing to realize is that when Robin throws Arcfire, he is in a lot of lag before throwing it, while throwing it, and after throwing it. Basically, arcfire is really laggy. When you hear Robin yell Arcfire, you can pre-emptively shield and roll before it gets close to you. It might be a good idea to ask the Robin forum what the best counterplay against Arcfire is as well, they'd probably be happy to tell you. You can jump over it too, but they might begin to catch you if you do it often.

I'd recommend even trying out Robin's Arcfire in training mode to get a feel for the move so you know what the limits of the move are.
So jump over and roll, nice, havent hear someone suggest that before, thanks fir advice :D

QuantumKiller

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShreckIsDreck
3DS FC
1435-5574-6890
Be more aware of where arc-fire hits on your shield because a badly placed one allows you to roll or jump safely. It's also important to note that rolls away can usually be covered by a thunder variant, thrown sword/tome, or another arc-fire (if you do a late roll). If they do this it's like a 50 - 50 and you just have to decide what they're going for. If you're finding yourself in the situation often you're movement is probably becoming predictable. A good way to threaten the move is by doing a mix of short and full hops when you're in arc-fire range as you can change you're air drift towards them to punish or double jump to avoid it. If you're shielding because you're worried about getting by elthunder you should practice parrying it. The stronger thunder variants are slower so you can react to those by jumping out of shield. Hope this helps.

Edit: https://youtu.be/6IRcnnHF030?t=210
This is an example of the 50-50 I was talking about.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Be more aware of where arc-fire hits on your shield because a badly placed one allows you to roll or jump safely. It's also important to note that rolls away can usually be covered by a thunder variant, thrown sword/tome, or another arc-fire (if you do a late roll). If they do this it's like a 50 - 50 and you just have to decide what they're going for. If you're finding yourself in the situation often you're movement is probably becoming predictable. A good way to threaten the move is by doing a mix of short and full hops when you're in arc-fire range as you can change you're air drift towards them to punish or double jump to avoid it. If you're shielding because you're worried about getting by elthunder you should practice parrying it. The stronger thunder variants are slower so you can react to those by jumping out of shield. Hope this helps.

Edit: https://youtu.be/6IRcnnHF030?t=210
This is an example of the 50-50 I was talking about.
If Robins are comfortably using Arcfire on a Lucas, Lucas is probably getting really predictable...

Last edited:

Specs64z

Smash Journeyman
If you're caught in shield against a well placed arcfire, you've basically lost the battle already. The goal shouldn't be "what do I do when I get hit" (even though that's still important to know), but rather "how do I avoid getting hit by this move?"

Lucas has multiple options. PSI magnet is the obvious one, but he also has the stick to reflect. Arcfire can be beaten out if you attack it before it ignites. The move loses to jumping and Robin is really slow, so you could try jumping back and throwing out PK fire (maybe even PK freeze if they've run out of Thunder) to stuff any approach/other projectiles.

~?~

The Strangest Link Main
This advice applies universally to every character, but of course it is more effective the faster your fall speed is. Don't @ me please.
Full hop aerial drift over Fire, then fast fall. After landing (unless you are already close enough to punish with an aerial), punish accordingly, since Robin is slower than most people pay attention to while they over-worry about the projectiles they're spamming. (This is harder to do if they camp under a platform if you don't time your fast fall input properly, as if you mess up, you just end up above their head trapped on a platform, so be careful).
You're welcome.

Last edited:
Top Bottom