• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2016 How do I get into EVO?

Dr.Lulz

Smash Cadet
wait for the announcement of when and where it is. (usually vegas in mid July) book a flight/bus/drive Get a room and register online

zaiman12345

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theawesome4567
there are some people that have been training in 1v1 for glory. I fought one of them and he air falcon punched me after he launched me in the air and i got rekt. so watch your moves and theirs.

Last edited:

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Lmao the people who win EVO have been playing for 10+ years, it's honestly unlikely that you can show up and win. I think it would be smarter to look at it from a different perspective. Don't go to win, go to learn and improve. Talk to people, play friendlies, get to know other Smashers there.

Shastalol

Smash Rookie
Lmao the people who win EVO have been playing for 10+ years, it's honestly unlikely that you can show up and win. I think it would be smarter to look at it from a different perspective. Don't go to win, go to learn and improve. Talk to people, play friendlies, get to know other Smashers there.
Yo if he wants to play in Evo let him. FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS S steamymartini

cillster

Smash Rookie
I am so in for this falcon is my main disrespecting is my game

Face of /b/

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0233-1984-3567
Way back in the day, Mang0 just showed up at a tournament and instarekt everyone there, including lolm2k and other top smashers of the time. So what if he's never been to EVO? It's entirely possible that he is a great player who just hasn't been to a major tournament like this. Not saying he is, just saying that he could be.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Way back in the day, Mang0 just showed up at a tournament and instarekt everyone there, including lolm2k and other top smashers of the time. So what if he's never been to EVO? It's entirely possible that he is a great player who just hasn't been to a major tournament like this. Not saying he is, just saying that he could be.
This is a one in a million chance. Back when Mang0 did that, people weren't nearly as good as they are now.

Shastalol

Smash Rookie
This is a one in a million chance. Back when Mang0 did that, people weren't nearly as good as they are now.
All they'd have to learn is technical stuff. It is totally possible. It only took this long for people to be as good as they are now because they were still figuring **** out. All you would have to do is learn all of the skills necessary which may take a year of playing every day for an hour or more.

Face of /b/

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0233-1984-3567
People who start now have it way better than the ones who have been playing for 10+ years, they have acces to learning all of the technical crap immediately instead of having to wait for someone to find out about it. This isn't like back when Azen was the only guy who could l-cancel, these days everyone can be a master of wavedashing, l-canceling, cc-ing, dd-ing, and all the other **** in a couple of weeks provided they give half a rat's ass.

Last edited:

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
While both of you are right, the odds of someone winning something like EVO are ultra slim, even for a lot of top 100 players

Face of /b/

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0233-1984-3567
While both of you are right, the odds of someone winning something like EVO are ultra slim, even for a lot of top 100 players
While one could say each of the top 100 has a 1/100 chance of winning, I like to say 99 of them have a 0% chance and one has a 100% chance. It then comes down to what your chances are of being that person.

Kittenpuncher

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5071-2790-5145
I live in vegas and I work the convention centers so I get in for free bitchez

Face of /b/

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0233-1984-3567
I live in vegas and I work the convention centers so I get in for free bitchez
I'm so EnVyUs, I'm gonna go play Gounter-Salt: Globally Offended just to cool off.

Note to self: New insult to salty Silvers, "Hey m8, try no to rub salt on those wounds."

Top Bottom