• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I get ahead of the game before SSBU comes out?

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
This game is looking absolutely insane, and I’m extremely hyped. I want live, eat and breath this game. I want to go to bed with this game at night. This game looks so damn good, but, I want to be damn good at the game.

I’ve never really played Smash 4 before, so I figured I should start there to learn some fundamentals for SSBU. I want to get as much of a headstart on the competition as possible. Are there any specific techniques I need to learn or practice to get a headstart? Perhaps a certain few characters to practice?

I want to be good before anybody else is.

gramkracka22

Smash Cadet
Appears most the mechanics/gameplay are coming over from smash4 and most smash4 players did really well in smashU at e3 so just play a **** ton of smash4 and you'll be good.

Last edited:
Do you plan on having a main in Ultimate? Do you have a favorite kind of playstyle?

Just asking because it's easier to get better if you concentrate your efforts on one or a few characters (in my opinion).

That being said, playing all characters could grant you good knowledge about their movesets, strenghts and weaknesses. Therefore you'll be well prepared when fighting against any of them (know your enemy ;) )

Last edited:

Acrete

Smash Cadet
Wise man.

Get smash 4 on 3ds or wiiu and play the crap outta it.

When the new one drops it’s going to be a tsunami of players. Boys, girls, men, women everybody will be on it. If you want to crush the hopes and dreams of them all then practise now. It will be supremely satisfying to destroy everyone in such a beautiful game. There will be millions playing. Millions. Become legend.

Top Bottom