• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I download download project M

GhostM

Phantom
It depends whether you’re using a hacked Wii to play a Brawl ISO or if you actually own brawl with the disk inside of your Wii. You might have to look around online for some tutorials if you’re trying to install brawl using USB Loader GX to run or some other home brew application that can run Wii games. You can use this Link to go to another post that’s hosting a mirror download of Project M. If you’re playing brawl from a disc, use the Hackless version, but if not, use the hacked version. Before you do anything, you have to use a 2GB SD card (not SDHC) since brawl was made before Wii games could read SD cards over 2GB. Drag all the Project M files on to your SD card (It’ll take a little while) and place it inside your Wii. Once you startup brawl you have to go to the stage builder and delete the three preset stages and leave it empty. Once you do this go back into stage builder and Project M should boot itself up.

Falco_DJ

Smash Apprentice
PS: I'm using an sd card.
I'd recommend downloading Legacy TE it has a bunch of QOL features in comparison to Project M (Stage alts, more costumes, code menu, Hidden Costumes, etc.) and, it is based off of PM 3.6.
Legacy TE also comes with a Homebrew channel app that lets you load it with usb loader (from a Brawl wbfs off a Hard Drive) or you can load it "hackless" via stage builder with the disk. (It has its own custom launcher too!) The download is around 1.11gb so it is required to use a 2gb sd card.

The legacy team has also made a Project M build called Project Mini (I'm about to paste everything from it's description)

A Project M 3.6 build smaller than Project M 3.6, but with all of the QoL features of Legacy TE 2.11!

Have a 500MB SD card? This build is for you! Build highlights:

- Each character only has 6 costumes only (except for Wario with 12)
- ASL has been removed
- Stages on SSS are limited to only Paragon's stagelist, which include: Battlefield, Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium 2, Dreamland, Delfino's Secret, Wario Land, Smashville, and Green Hill Zone
- As much music as possible has been removed, except for 3.6 Paragon stage songs and a couple menu themes
- Hidden costumes have been disabled, as well as Random Element mode
- All aesthetics are Project M-themed
- Under 500MB

If you're finding it's still too large for your SD card, delete the sound folder.

Ironically... the creation of this build was inspired by Project N, the April Fool's Day build of 2019. Hope you enjoy!

Top Bottom