• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I deal with Snake's side b offstage

ekctay920

Smash Rookie
I actually had to make an account to ask this.
Is it even right to post this here?

anyway I've been doing pretty well online (I think), got in elite smash recently but whenever I encounter Snakes they always get me when I'm recovering offstage with their side specials. (the remote missile / Nikita).

Is elwind just too predictable or do I just suck? I'm almost certain that it's the latter, maybe both, and I can't figure out how to deal with them.
I've tried recovering high but then I get punished, either by Nikita still following me or they cancel and attack.

Last edited:

yknowlikenia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5495 6606 4304
maybe some directional airdodges towards the stage, or in-place airdodges to weave around it. otherwise, doing things at odd times is your best bet. realistically you've just gotta do your best to maintain stage control

ekctay920

Smash Rookie
maybe some directional airdodges towards the stage, or in-place airdodges to weave around it. otherwise, doing things at odd times is your best bet. realistically you've just gotta do your best to maintain stage control
I almost completely forgot neutral air dodge existed.
Thanks!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You can kinda safely clash with it, especially if you're Robin since you have disjoints on your aerials. Hitting it out of the air could work that way, and a lot of non-disjoints also have priority over it.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
I just fought a really good Snake yesterday, and the Nikta is definitely a problem. The main defense I came up with (pretty much when there's no actual time to air dodge or attack the missile, which is gonna be most of the time) is just cranking up the dial on your elwind maneuverability and getting around it somehow. The movement of the Nikita is predictable and suffers slowdown when changing direction, which helps when predicting its trajectory.

CrimsonAvenger

Smash Rookie
You can also shoot it with thunder or arc fire before using elwind. and make sure you aim elwind to grab edge.

Top Bottom