• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I deal with rush down/fast characters?

kingbooforums

Smash Apprentice
Bowser main here trying to secondary Byleth because I found him fun. But I'm having a really hard time dealing with characters like Mac or Pichu or Roy/Chrom. How do I deal with characters who wanna run up to me? I guess the idea behind Byleth is a spacer/reactionary type of character? I try to play really defensively with him and just space but it's hard to do that when someone keeps running up in my face. Would short hop nair be a good solution for people who wanna just try and charge into me you think?

Roycet

Smash Rookie
Yes, believe in your nair. Yeah, jumping back or neutral jumping and then using an nair/ fair/ bair can hit characters overreaching or trying to do crossovers. You can use nair counter most fast characters air attacks and ground attacks. Nair is also the fastest move Byleth have out of shield. Don't forget to use fair / bair too as a mixed up and to make the most of Byleth range. Yeah, is a bit of a long range character, but I and other players can be a little aggressive with Byleth because Byleth has one of the best shield poke of the game with crossover nair. Nair somewhat of unblockable move.

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
I don't think about it a whole lot, I just try spacing the aerials and then Nair when they hit my shield or are close enough (or Up B from 0-45%). You can also do some retreating Dtilts here and there.

Top Bottom