• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I deal with Mario's Counterpicks ?

EChaotix02

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 3303 7934 0806
As you may have noticed I've been maining Mario since Brawl :mario2:, (my first contact with the Smash Bros. series), although since Smash4 I've been playnig Doctor Mario too :4drmario:.
you could say that technicaly I Co-main them :ultmario::ultdoc:.

The reason I main the Red Plumber:mariomelee: is because is a Jack-of-all-trades (aka: All around character), having good a combo game with juggling options, a useful projectile, a reflector, an awesome edge guarding tool in F.L.U.D.D., a decent recovery that can work as a combo finisher, great throws, with a kill throw at high percentages (back throw) or combo starters (up and down throws). Mario doesn't have glaring weaknesses, but it's not a powerhouse.
With my competitive experience since Smash 4, When playnig with any of the Marios, I tend to struggle fighting against Marth:ultmarth:, Lucina:ultlucina:, Cloud:ultcloud:, Palutena:ultpalutena:, Shulk:ultshulk: and Roy:ultroy:. Any tip when fighting them or a suggestion for a secondary character to counter them ?

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
F.L.U.D.D. is a good option for Marth, Lucina, Cloud, Shulk, and Roy.
I haven't fought enough Palutenas to really suggest a strategy against her, though.

Top Bottom