• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I deal with Fox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamas

Smash Cadet
NNID
BackupAdamas
For me, this matchup is by far the most difficult. With Fox's high air and ground mobility, in addition to how quickly his attacks come out and how quickly they end, I am left being battered around. So, with that being said, is there anyway to make this matchup more manageable?

theparadox

Smash Rookie
Yes I love this match up. What you want to do in this match up is wall fox out and bait him to things he don't want to do. Pay attentions to his movement options/patterns, if you notice that hes like to jump a lot and cross you up with aerials than you can punish him with nair or up air easily. Sheilding is really good against fox. Whenever he is directly above you can string together a bunch of up tilts and combo him according to the way he di's. You want to throw in lasers as well to slow his momentum and force him to have to do something about it. Once you get fox off stage is where falco really starts to shine against fox, falco has so many good edge guarding tools against fox that if your good at edge guarding than fox should have a really hard time making it back on to the stage.

zzmorg82

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch FC
2476 2506 3411
Paradox said it best; space him out with Nairs and Down Tilts, then once have him in the air, try to keep him there. When Fox is offstage, edge guarding him is easy.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
For me, this matchup is by far the most difficult. With Fox's high air and ground mobility, in addition to how quickly his attacks come out and how quickly they end, I am left being battered around. So, with that being said, is there anyway to make this matchup more manageable?
Please visit the Fox MU thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4-falco-matchup-discussion-05-fox-pretty-smooth-flying-fox.389521/. It is dated and pretty much dead. Might be better to ask in the Falco discord: http://smashboards.com/threads/falco-discord-server.419282/, for more lively discussions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom